Job Opening: PRAISE TEAM & WORSHIP LEADER PART-TIME
Community United Methodist Church of DeBary, FL seeks a Praise Team & Worship Leader for 10 hours per week to provide excellent worship experiences on Sunday mornings focusing primarily on the Contemporary Worship Service at 9:20 a.m. Duties include one mid-week evening rehearsal of instrumentalists and vocalists, work on the worship planning team, attending monthly staff meetings and administrative tasks such as PowerPoint slide preparation, scheduling, and worship database updates.
The selected candidate will have:
- a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, the Great Commission and the Church;
- a call to ministry through worship and music;
- an understanding of Wesleyan theology and its application to worship planning, music, and drama;
- relevant experience in all aspects of contemporary worship planning and implementation including significant band leadership experience;
- demonstrate mastery of vocal and instrumental (preferably guitar or keyboard) performance;
- strong communication and leadership skills; and
- the ability to work comfortably in a changing environment and to learn and teach constructively alongside others.
Submit questions to Michael Vaughn at 386-228-5107. Resumes must be submitted to his attention at CUMC, 41 W. Highbanks Rd., DeBary, FL 32713 via U.S. mail or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting shall remain open until the position is filled.