Job Opening: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – PART-TIME
Community United Methodist Church of DeBary, Florida, a vibrant family of God who lives the love of Jesus Christ with our neighbors, seeks to hire an Administrative Assistant for 20 hours per week to assist it in accomplishing its mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Duties range from reception and basic office and clerical services to membership and statistical record keeping; preparation and filing of reports; production of church bulletins, forms, flyers, brochures and other communication pieces; and the training, support and supervision of volunteers. The candidate we are seeking has a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, the Great Commission and the Church; can articulate a call to the administration of Christ’s church; loves people; has gifts of hospitality, welcome and team building; takes direction well and works well in a changing environment.
Other minimum qualifications include:
- Excellent character and commitment to the confidential and ethical requirements of the position
- Being a self-starter, detail-minded, a consistent performer, and a creative problem solver
- Proficiency in office management, public relations, office machines, and computer skills (MSWord/Excel/Outlook/Constant Contact/Church management software, or their equivalents)
- Pertinent experience or related degree. Prior church Administrative Assistant experience
Questions may be directed to Michael E. Vaughn at 386-228-5107. Resumes must be submitted to his attention at Community United Methodist Church, 41 W. Highbanks Rd., DeBary, FL 32713 via U.S. mail postmarked no later than 11:59 p.m. on Friday, June 2, 2017, or submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than that time and date. Applications postmarked or emailed after that time and date will not be considered.
Job Opening: PRAISE TEAM & WORSHIP LEADER PART-TIME
Community United Methodist Church of DeBary, FL seeks a Praise Team & Worship Leader 10 hours per week to provide excellent worship experiences on Sunday mornings focusing primarily on the Contemporary Worship Service at 9:20 a.m. but assisting as needed as Worship Leader for the Traditional Service at 11:00 a.m. Duties include one mid-week evening rehearsal of instrumentalists and vocalists, work on the worship planning team, attending monthly staff meetings and administrative tasks such as PowerPoint slide preparation, scheduling, and worship database updates.
The selected candidate will have:
- a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, the Great Commission and the Church;
- a call to ministry through worship and music;
- an understanding of Wesleyan theology and its application to worship planning, music, and drama;
- relevant experience in all aspects of contemporary worship planning and implementation including significant band leadership experience;
- demonstrate mastery of vocal and instrumental (preferably guitar or keyboard) performance;
- strong communication and leadership skills; and
- the ability to work comfortably in a changing environment and to learn and teach constructively alongside others.
Submit questions to Michael Vaughn at 386-228-5107. Resumes must be submitted to his attention at CUMC, 41 W. Highbanks Rd., DeBary, FL 32713 via U.S. mail or emailed to email@example.com. This posting shall remain open until the position is filled.